Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

FAT FREE Trifle Dessert...Mmmmm

Pin It Now! Dessert...Fat Free?  Should these two words even belong in the same sentence?  My answer is a resounding YES!  It's certainly not always possible, but there are times when you stumble upon something SO tasty that isn't full of fat and calories.  This trifle dessert is one of those.

I was looking for something light, yet yummy to make for dessert one night started looking around my kitchen to see what I had available and this is what I found: a store bought angel food cake, chocolate and vanilla pudding mixes and strawberries.  I thought "Hmm, I can make something out of that!"  Here is what I created...and my thought process is that EVERYTHING looks cooler when it's presented in a trifle bowl!


I made both pudding mixes and refrigerated until set and then just started to assemble in the trifle bowl...angel food cake (cut up into chunks), strawberry slices, vanilla pudding, angel food cake, strawberries, chocolate pudding, etc.  Once I was finished I refrigerated for a bit and then served.  It was DELICIOUS and the kids were in heaven! 

The best part?  It was completely FAT FREE!  How could it be you ask?  Well, angel food cake is fat free, the pudding I purchased was both fat free and sugar free (I made it with skim milk) and strawberries are fat free as well...so there you go!  All the flavor and none of the guilt! :o)

It's amazing the things you can come up with when you put on your creative hat and begin looking around the kitchen! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment